Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's 2013!

For me, 2013 is a fresh start.  There were so many things that I didn't get done in 2012 that I was left with an unsuccessful feeling by year's end.  It is time to let go of 2012 and make the most of 2013!

My "One Little Word" for this year is DO!  I am not going to say it, or think it, or wish it.  I am going to DO it!

My resolutions are as follows:

1)  Lose 50 lbs!  I know everyone does the weight goal thing, but I need to do it now.  I need to use my gym membership, stop eating out so much, and maybe join Weight Watchers.  I want to be a lot lighter by my 40th birthday in December and I want that damn plantar fasciitis in my left foot to go away!  I am currently 200 lbs and sick of it.  Yep, I just posted my real weight on my blog!  OMG!  I have been inspired by Shelley and Cason and their amazing transformation over the last year.

2)  Get a job!  I have been putting off doing this because of my family obligations and my desire to be the best mom I can be.  I have a husband in the Navy and 2 children, ages 10 and 15.   I graduated from nursing school in December 2009, but life has a way of changing your plans.  Things have calmed down around here, so it's off to work I go!

3)  Do Project Life!  My friend Adrienne has been encouraging me to try it out, so I am going to give it a whirl.  Project Life is a kind of scrapbook that documents a whole year of your life.

4)  Blog!  My blog was an epic failure in 2012.  In 2013, I am going to post my scrap pages, cards, projects, stories about our family life, etc.

5) Simplify my life, starting with the house!  I am tired of having things around that we don't use or need.

6)  Be organized!  I used to run a very efficient house.  Then I went to college.  Enough said!  Everyone else thinks I am super organized and I am glad that is what they see, but I feel scatterbrained and a mess most of the time.  I am going back to a personal schedule, at least until I start feeling as efficient as I look!

7)  Be Positive!  I am going to stop beating myself up over the things that I didn't get done.  I am also going to keep my not-so-positive comments to myself.  Like when I am driving and someone cuts me off and I start calling them an idiot, sometimes in front of the kids.  I don't want my kids to see me that way!  I want to enjoy my life and not get angry at the "bad drivers" of the world.  Speaking of drivers...

8)  Teach my son to drive!  Yes, it's true!  I have a 15 year old son who has daydreams about taking my husband's 1990 Camero and painting green with black flames!  He will have to settle for my 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan.  It's green, but sadly, no black flames!  All joking aside, I can't wait to teach him how to drive!  I might be more excited about it than he is!  I just remember how I felt when I got mine!  My husband has no problem with letting me do it.

9)  Stay in touch!  My family is far away and spread out.  My parents were never really good at staying in touch with our extended family, at least from my perspective.  My siblings and I don't talk often enough.  We are the product of a military life.  I am going to make the effort to keep in touch.  They may think it's weird but I going to do it anyway!  I want my kids to really know them.  They are a cool bunch!

Well, I hope that all of you have enjoyed the first day of 2013!  Good luck with your own resolutions and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment: