Thursday, May 30, 2013

OMG! How do I use that?

Large alpha papers are NOT my favorite type of paper.  They are either too busy for my taste, or they are a pain to cut out.  This paper was no exception.  This paper was in the SC Orion add-on.  I took one look and was convinced that this would not go well!  Here's the paper...
 

For this challenge, I cut this paper apart.  My plan was to make a title out of the letters, but the real challenge was how large the letters were.  I figured that my title needed to be short and sweet.  To start the layout, I added a pattern to the background with modeling paste and then misted it in gold. 



I then started working on a layered banner that was inspired by a tutorial by Wilna Furstenburg.  I love how the banner turned out!


The end result reminds me of those vintage postcards that have the location spread across the top. 


Go check out Adrienne's take on this challenge.  Hope you all have a great Thursday and happy scrapping!







1 comment: